- Trends & Shopping
- DIY & Tutorials
- Home & Living
- Style & Photography
- Regular Columns
I’ going to be honest here…years ago when I first welcomed Soda home I didn’t really ‘get’ pet portraits. I was all “Just take a photo of the real thing, that’s much cheaper and easier.” And I have a sneaking suspicion that’s what lots of other people think too.
But guess what? I was wrong.
If you’re a dog owner who likes to keep a stylish home, a bespoke pet portrait is THE premiere way to make an artistic yet sentimental statement.
A pet portrait adds colour to you home, it’s a work of art that means something, and (this one’s an important one) it will mean the world to you for the many years to come as it becomes a conduit for so many happy memories.
But you’ve gotta get a good one. So to help you out, we’ve rounded up 7 of our favourite pet portrait artists right now…
1. Dottie Dog – Did someone say gorgeous? Artist Beth Myer is not afraid of colour and her whimsical portraits deserve a pride of place in any fashion forward home. Have a favourite hue? Beth makes each portrait with your vision and colour preferences in mind, ensuring you get the most personalised portrait possible.
2. Wandering Laur Fine Art – Lauren Rogoff’s beautiful watercolours had me at hello! I’ve got major plans for her ‘ABC Dog Poster‘ for Emmy’s nursery…who doesn’t want to learn their ABC’s looking at all the breeds of dogs in the alphabet? A definite one for every dog lover’s Pinterest board.
3. Art by Manda – Manda Wolfe’s hand drawn pet portraits capture every single detail of your pet – right down to each individual hair! Her modern pop art style is the perfect fit for any stylish home.
4. Danielle Fossati – With a throwback to old world portraits, these stunning black and white bespoke pieces will have your dog saying “Paint me like one of your French girls Jack.”
5. Studio Animaux – Natayla Zahn’s award-winning work has appeared in print, packaging, museum exhibits…and can now be featured in your very own home. My personal favourite is her Natural Pigments Giclee Print – if you look closely you can spot her dog Oscar in there!
6. Noble Friends – Why get just a portrait, when you can get your dog’s face on your phone cover, your cushions and even your gift wrap? Noble Friends offers a huge range of ways you can keep your pet portrait close to you. My personal fave? The Portrait With Your Pet – the perfect way to capture your BFF.
7. Studio Legohead – Last, but definitely not least, is the uber-talented Jo Chambers of Studio Legohead. We’ve featured Jo many times before, but it’s her gorgeous canine patterns that are having me fall in love all over again. My personal favourite? These gorgeous Doxies with their beautiful eyelashes. Find even more portraits, prints and artworks in her Etsy Shop.
Do you have a favourite pet portrait artist?
Become part of the Pretty Fluffy pack!
Join our free mailing list for:
Giveaways + Deals
Exclusive Content + Sneak Peeks
Free Recipes, DIY Projects + More