- Trends & Shopping
- DIY & Tutorials
- Home & Living
- Style & Photography
- Regular Columns
With less than a week to go til Christmas, we’ve got you sorted with a quick and easy homemade holiday dog treat recipe. Perfect for that last minute yummy treat for Fido!
1 and 1/4 Cups Rice Flour
2 Free Range Eggs
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Organic Honey
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk eggs, vegetable oil and honey in a bowl.
3. Add the rice flour to the wet ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
4. Roll dough onto floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Using a snowflake cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on lined baking tray. Repeat until dough is finished.
6. Bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden. Place on baking rack to cool.
* Makes approximately 15 Cookies.
* Consider melting yoghurt drops to decorate your cookies.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.