- Trends & Shopping
- DIY & Tutorials
- Home & Living
- Style & Photography
- Regular Columns
It’s no secret, we love easy DIYs! This Valentine’s day you might not be able to resist making this super easy (and super adorable) No Sew Heart Dog Toy.
Back in high school, the big craft trend was making no sew fleece blankets. I’m sure you’ve seen them before, two layers of fleece with the edges tied together. One fool proof project. I thought why not take that concept and apply it to a dog toy. It worked! Coco watched me like an undercover cop as I was making it, and she loves her new toy. She runs all over the house with it, and it also doubles as her chin pillow. That second part was totally her idea though – What can I say, the girl loves to nap.
I hope your pooch enjoys this special Valentine’s toy!
Note: 1/2 a yard of fleece will make two small-medium size heart toys, including stuffing.
Pen or Fine Tip Marker
Heart Stencil (optional, or freehand!)
1. Stack two layers of fleece on a flat surface and trace a heart shape with a fine tip marker or pen.
2. Keeping the two layers stacked, cut a circle approximately 2 inches around the outside the heart. We want to leave enough length to double tie our knots.
3. Cut two slits on the edge of the heart about the width of your finger.
4. Using the bottom and top pieces, tie a knot. Double knot it to make sure it is extra tight and secure. Repeat steps 3 &4 until you have the majority of the heart tied.
5. With a small hole still remaining, fill the heart using your extra fleece as stuffing. – Avoid using tiny pieces as stuffing. Long wide strips work best!
6. Continue cutting and tying until the heart is completely sealed.
7. Trim the edges and start playing!
Note: These DIY toys are not recommended for rough chewing. Remember to always supervise your pet during playtime.