Valentine’s Day Dog Treats: Cranberry Hearts
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
These treats are the bomb,
Your pup will think so too!
Valentine’s Day is very much a human holiday, but we love including our pets in on the festive fun with these Valentine’s Day Dog Treats. These grain-free treats are a breeze to make, have 5 healthy ingredients, and are deeelicious – Our treat testers can attest to that last part! The dried cranberries add a pop of fruity flavor to each bite size treat. Your pup won’t be able to resist these little love tokens.
Have a beautiful Valentine’s Day everyone, and give some extra smooches to those pooches! xoxo
2 Free Range Eggs
1 and 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
3-4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
- Combine your almond flour, coconut oil and dried cranberries together in a bowl.
- Once combined, pour in the eggs and mix together with your hands. The dough will be very wet.
- Begin adding in your coconut flour one TBSP at a time, mixing in each one after added. You want to achieve a consistency that is easy to roll and not super sticky. This will require between 3-4 TBSP depending on your brand of flour and size of your eggs. The dough should easily form a ball.
- Rollout your dough and cut out the treats using bite sized cookie cutters. Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day, I used this mini cutter. Tip: Sprinkle a little coconut flour on top of your dough to keep it from sticking to the cookie cutters.
- Place your treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
- Makes approx. 20 treats (dependant on size of cutter). Let cool before giving to your pooch – Enjoy!
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
WANT MORE HOMEMADE HEALTHY DOG TREAT RECIPES?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.