Holiday Dog Treats: PB & Ginger Snaps
The holidays are upon us and it’s time for baking Christmas cookies AND holiday dog treats. I’ve recently found out that Coco is a fan of ginger, so I have concocted a healthy grain-free recipe. It includes not only ginger, but one of her favorite ingredients of all time, peanut butter. I call these little beauties PB & G-inger Snaps (see what I did there, PB & G? Clever right?).
I am 100% positive your pooch will love this combination. Mine sat in front of the oven the entire time because she couldn’t resist the smell.
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 – 3/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Water
Holiday Dog Treats – Directions
Preheat oven to 165C.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and form a ball with the dough.
2. Roll the dough out until flat and use a cookie cutter to cut out the individual treats. I didn’t have a miniature cookie cutter on hand, so I just used a jar cap as a makeshift cutter. Feel free to get creative!
3. Place your treats onto your baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Turn oven off after the 25 minutes are done and leave the treats in the oven for 45 more minutes, or until crisp.
* Makes approximately 20-30 treats (dependant on cookie cutter size).
* Store in your favourite glass jar or package them in DIY Treat Jars as gifts for friends.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
WANT MORE HOMEMADE HEALTHY DOG TREAT RECIPES?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.