No Sew DIY Dog Scarf
It’s almost November, and for most of us in the US that means it’s getting pretty chilly! Well, we have a quick little DIY in store for you that is not only stylish, but will also give your dog some added warmth on those evening walks. PLUS it has pom poms! We just couldn’t resist those.
I was pretty proud of myself for making a piece of outerwear fashion for Bean. I might just go cut down the drapes and whip up some matching Von Trapp family outfits now.
… Raaay a drop of golden suuunnn.
Old Sweater or Any Cozy Fabric
Hot Glue & Glue Gun
Pom Pom Trim
Safety Pin or Sticky Back Velcro
1. Lay out your fabric or old sweater to determine the size of your scarf, based on the size of your dog. Hold it up to your dog and see how long you want it to drape (Don’t forget, there will also be pom poms on the ends). This scarf will be double sided for extra warmth, so you want make sure you cut double the width so you can fold it over (similar to a tube).
2. Once you have your fabric cut, lay it out on a flat surface. Next, we are going to join the edges. If you have a sweater type of fabric, chances are your edges are a little frayed on one or both ends– don’t worry, we can hide those! Fold the scarf over (resembling a tube) and roll the frayed edges inwards and hot glue the rolled edges together.
3. Seal the two end pieces with hot glue to prevent any additional fraying or unraveling.
4. Garnish the two ends pieces with pom pom trim by hot glueing along the edges.
5. Almost done! Fit the scarf around your dog’s neck and cross it. See what placement fits most comfortably on your dog and if pinned could easily slide on and off of them. Once you have the placement figured out, take the scarf off and use a safety pin or sticky backed velcro to secure into place. If using a safety pin make sure it sits between the fabric and is extra secure to ensure it won’t come undone.
Now you have a custom DIY Dog Scarf that your fluffy bff can flaunt on your next walk!