No Bake Coconut Dog Treats
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Styling: Serena Faber Nelson
Everyone’s coconuts for coconuts these days. To get your dog in on the act, try these no bake coconut dogs treats! With just 4 ingredients and 4 easy to follow steps, your dog will be chowing down in no time.
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
2-3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Coconut
No Bake Coconut Dog Treats – TO MAKE
1. Add Coconut Oil, Peanut Butter and Rolled Oats to food processor and mix until well combined.
2. Scoop out bite sized pieces with a spoon and roll into little balls.
3. Toss each ball gently in the finely shredded coconut until well coated.
4. Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
* Makes approximately 20 treats.
* If the mixture is too dry or wet simply add extra oats or coconut oil to correct.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
WANT MORE HOMEMADE HEALTHY DOG TREAT RECIPES?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.