Last Minute Halloween Dog Treat Recipe + Free Printable
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Looking for a quick and easy way to get your dog in on the Halloween spirit? Try these quick and easy Halloween Dog Treats! I swear your dog will love these ten times more than their trick or treat costume – and they’ll only take you less than 30 minutes to whip up.
1 Cup Fresh Pumpkin
1 and ½ Cups Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
½ Tablespoon Freshly Ground Ginger
1 Free Range Egg
1 Cup Honey
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
2. Peel and dice pumpkin into cubes and bring to boil in saucepan of water. Drain pumpkin and allow to cool. Puree in blender or food processor (or if you want to be old school, mash your pumpkin to a fine puree). Chill in refrigerator.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon and ginger in bowl and mix well.
4. Combine egg, honey and vegetable oil in large bowl and whisk until well combined.
5. Add the chilled pumpkin puree to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, whisking well until all ingredients are combined.
7. With teaspoons, spoon the batter onto the lined tray spacing about one inch apart to make mini cake patties.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready and can be removed from the oven. Allow cakes to cool and serve.
Makes approximately 30 pumpkin dog treats. Best consumed fresh, so freeze any leftovers not consumed within 72 hours.
To dress up your dog pumpkin treats with our Halloween Flag, download your free printable here:
Happy Halloween Pretty Fluffies!
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
WANT MORE HOMEMADE HEALTHY DOG TREAT RECIPES?
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.