DIY 5 Minute Dog Valentine
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Ever had one of those Valentine’s Day when you’ve completely forgotten to organise anything? Yep, me too. So to save you tears on Feb 14th, here is my favourite quick fix that doesn’t involve flowers from the service station – the 5 MINUTE DOG VALENTINE! To start, grab your favourite four legged friend…
1 x sheet Red Cardboard (or Pink!)
1 x Ruler
1 x pencil or white marker
1 x Scissors or paper cutter
1 x Round Cake tin
TO MAKE DOG VALENTINE
1. Trace two circles using the cake tin to make the top of the heart.
2. Rule two lines to complete heart shape.
3. Cut out heart using scissors or paper cutter.
4. Cut cross in the centre of the heart shape using paper cutter.
5. Slip safely over your dog’s head. Ensure it causes no discomfort to your dog.
* If you don’t have a cake tin, use a vase or similar circular object. Try to get something close to your dog’s head size.
* When cutting out the heart, try to cut around the straight lines to make a more organic heart shape.
* If you don’t have a paper cutter, gently fold the heart to cut the cross in the centre with scissors.
CREATIVE WAYS TO USE YOUR 5 MINUTE DOG VALENTINE
* Use your photo to create a personalised E-card, or better yet print out and make your own real card.
* Take a pic of your pooch with your phone and send a surprise Doggie Valentine text!
* Use your doggie valentine as a Maître d’ for your very own Valentine’s Brunch.