Cinnamon Honey Donut Dog Treats Recipe
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Donuts and dogs. Is there any better combination?
Well this week, your pooch is in for a sweet treat with our Cinnamon Honey Donut DIY dog treats!
1 Cup Wholemeal Flour
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Cup Applesauce
1 Free Range Egg (Beaten)
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons Warm Water
50g Plain Yogurt Drops
TO MAKE DONUT DOG TREATS
Preheat oven to 175 Degrees Celsius. Lightly grease 6 holes of a regular donut tray.
1. Combine flour and cinnamon in large bowl.
2. Add applesauce, honey and egg to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to form a thick batter.
4. Mix in the warm water if the batter is too dry.
5. Fill each donut mould to the top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick into the donut. If it comes out clean, the donuts are ready and can be removed from the oven. Allow to cool.
7. Melt the yogurt drops in a small heat safe bowl over boiling water.
8. Dip each donut in the yogurt. Set aside on a baking rack to set, and serve.
* Makes 6 Doggie Donut Dog Treats.
* Get creative with your doggie donut toppings! Try raspberries, liver sprinkles or drizzled carob for variation.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Want more healthy dog treat recipes?
This recipe was originally published in our best selling eBook ‘52 Weeks of Treats‘.
Filled to the brim with endless inspiration for DIY dog treat recipes, 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season is the perfect recipe handbook for every dog owner. Packed with mouth watering images, easy step-by-step instructions, handy hints, nutritional info and more, your dog will never turn their nose up at a treat again!
You’ll have access to 30+ quick and easy homemade dog treat recipes, each split across the four seasons. With a separate section just for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays, you’ll never be left without a healthy dog treat option.