Christmas Dog Treats: Dog Friendly Chocolate Bark
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
When you think Christmas dog treats, you can’t go past the original and the best homemade candy bark.
Made with all dog friendly ingredients (not a candy cane of piece of chocolate in sight!), these babies look SO good – they’ll have you munching on them before to long.
Just remember to share with your best furry friend. It is Christmas after all!
￼2 1/2 Cups Plain Yogurt Drops
2 1/2 Cups Natural Carob Drops 75g Fresh Raspberries
1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
TO MAKE CHRISTMAS DOG TREATS:
Line an 11 x 7 x 2 inch pan with baking paper.
1. Melt the carob drops in a small heat safe bowl over boiling water, stirring constantly.
2. Pour melted carob evenly into pan ensuring the bottom surface is full covered. Place in the refrigerator to set. Chill for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Melt the yogurt drops in a small heat safe bowl over boiling water, stirring constantly.
4. Pour 1/2 melted yogurt into pan on top of the carob layer.
5. Scatter raspberries and coconut throughout pan mixture and pour remaining melted yogurt on top, spreading evenly.
6. Place in the refrigerator to set. Chill for approximately 45 minutes or until firm.
7. Break into pieces and serve.
DID YOU KNOW?
Raspberries provide a good source of dietary fibre and have a low energy density, allowing your pup to enjoy a sweet treat while leaving them fuller for longer.
This tray makes a full serving of Bark which is best served and shared amongst friends. Try presenting the pieces in cellophane gift bags for their dogs as a special treat.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
The perfect present for the dog lover this holiday season!
This recipe was originally published in our best selling eBook ‘52 Weeks of Treats‘
Filled to the brim with endless inspiration for DIY dog treat recipes, 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season is the perfect recipe handbook for every dog owner. Packed with mouth watering images, easy step-by-step instructions, handy hints, nutritional info and more, your dog will never turn their nose up at a treat again!
You’ll have access to 30+ quick and easy homemade dog treat recipes, each split across the four seasons. With a separate section just for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays, you’ll never be left without a healthy dog treat option.