- Trends & Shopping
- DIY & Tutorials
- Home & Living
- Style & Photography
- Regular Columns
As a long time fan of the Black and White cookie, I knew when I decided on a Black and White theme for Soda’s birthday there was one sweet treat I wanted to make for the occasion.
Enter the Black and White Cookie Dog Treat Recipe. Made of human grade ingredients, it’s the perfect special occasion snack for your furry friend. The best part? They’re a breeze to make. Jerry Seinfeld would be proud.
3/4 Cup Rice Flour
1 Free Range Egg
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
50g Natural Carob Drops
50g Plain Yogurt Drops
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk egg and vegetable oil in a bowl.
3. Add the rice flour to the wet ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
4. Roll dough onto floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Using a large round cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on lined baking tray. Repeat until dough is finished.
6. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Place on baking rack to cool.
1. Melt the yogurt drops in a small heat safe bowl over boiling water.
2. Once melted use a spatula to spread over one half of each cookie. Allow to set.
3. Melt the carob drops in a small heat safe bowl over boiling water. Once melted use a spatula to spread over the second half of each cookie. Allow to set then serve.
* Makes 6 Large Cookies.
* Make sure the first side of icing has set before adding the second, to ensure the sides set evenly.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.