Review: Dyson Animal Pro
The experts in all things vacuum have a new kid on the block - and it's guaranteed to make pet hair a thing of the past.
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Pet hair. On your clothes, on your couch, blowing like tumble weeds across your living room…
It’s an unfortunate reality that our furry friends come with copious amounts of shedding hair that manages to find itself in every nook and cranny of your life.
Yet when you try to take on the pet hair war you’re usually left with a clogged up vacuum cleaner and a nozzle entangled in your pup’s furballs.
Well, today all that’s going to change.
Allow me to introduce you to the Dyson Animal Pro.
Designed for Pet Owners
The Dyson Animal Pro Vacuum Cleaner is designed perfectly with pet owners in mind.
Featuring Dyson Cinetic science, this powerful vacuum sucks everything up.
Like all of the Dyson range, this bad boy uses Dyson’s unique technology to clean everything in it’s path in one quick and easy motion. There’s no going back and forth over areas – just one whip around is all you need.
With the cleaning done in no time, the Animal Pro also captures all dust and debris with no need for filters or bags. If you’ve ever had to clean a filter or empty a bag full of dog hair (ewwww), you’ll understand what a game changer this is.
With the Animal Pro, at the end of cleaning you simply hold the barrel over your bin, flick the switch and the barrel empties straight out. Easy peasy.
The Animal Pro set includes 8 cleaning tools – including an anti-static turbine head, dusting brush, flexi crevice tool, swivel hard floor tool, stair attachment, combo accessory tool and stubborn dirt brush.
Yet, it’s one of the cleaning tools that really deserves all the attention…
Tangle Free Turbine – Gets All the Hair
As someone who has had a Dyson for years, I knew they were powerful. I knew they were lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. I knew they worked faster and more efficiently than any other vacuum I’d ever owned.
Yet, the tangle free turbine attachment that came with the Dyson Animal Pro is truly a jewel in the Dyson crown.
Picture this. I’ve spent years digging out pet hair from vacuum attachments – somehow it’s the one thing that seems to wrap itself around every mechanical piece of a vacuum.
Yet the tangle free turbine changes all of that.
The counter rotating heads lift and propel pet hair into the barrel of the cleaner without getting stuck in the bristles.
Do you know what this means? That once that pet hair is sucked up, it’s gone forever. Woop!
Great for Allergy Sufferers – Gets All the Dander
One thing a lot of pet owners don’t know about their furry friends, is that it’s not so much the pet hair they leave around that causes allergies and sneezing, but it’s their dander.
Pet dander isn’t hair – it’s actually teeny tiny flecks of dead skin that have been shed from your pet, just like we shed skin cells. I know – DELIGHTFUL.
The great thing about the Dyson Animal Pro is it’s approved by the National Asthma Council for allergy sufferers as it removes more pet hair and dander from it’s environment, and expels the cleanest air of any other cyclonic vacuum – which in simple terms, it picks up what your pet is putting down and keeps you breathing easy!
For homes with super furry dogs, the Dyson Animal Pro also works well with the Dyson Groom attachment. Sold separately, this grooming tool attaches to the Animal Pro for mess free vacuum-assisted dog grooming. You can read our full review of the Dyson Groom here.
What We Loved:
- Super powerful Dyson vacuum – known for quality and performance.
- Specifically designed for pet owners.
- Captures dust, hair and debris with no bags or filters.
- Tangle free turbine attachment allows high volume pick-up of pet hair with no clogging of the machine.
- Features Dyson Cinetic science, which allows for all hair and dander to be picked up.
- Removes more pet hair and dander from it’s environment, and expels the cleanest air of any other cyclonic vacuum – great for allergy sufferers.
- Comes with 8 attachments suitable for every hard to reach place (where pet hair loves to hide!)
- Lightweight, reasonably small size and very easy to manoeuvre.
- All dog owners with inside pets.
- Great for allergy sufferers – National Asthma Council approved.
- House proud pet owners – the attachments allow for quick and easy cleaning.
- Time poor pet owners – the ease of use and powerful performance removes dirt and pet hair in less time.