5 Healthy Backup Treats
Picture it, sometime in the near future: You have just taken the pupster out for a walk, you come inside and realize, YOU RAN OUT OF TREATS (!!). What is a dog parent to do when your dog is staring up at you eagerly waiting for their reward?
Don’t worry! We have 5 healthy backup treats that your dog won’t even know are plan B. You might just find yourself snacking on these dog treats too – but without feeling like a weirdo!
1. Organic Apple Slices – Dogs love apples, and they are a great healthy backup, loaded with fibre and Vitamin C. Just remember to remove the core, stem and seeds!
2. Organic Blueberries – Packed with antioxidants, blueberries make for the perfect go to back up treat. Try to find organic, as this fruit has a high pesticide reputation.
3. Organic Carrot Sticks – A healthy, beta carotene filled, treat that moonlights as a doggy tooth cleaner – carrots are a win win.
4. Pineapple Cubes – A Coco Bean favorite! Pineapple is full of healthy digestive enzymes and is a great after dinner backup treat.
5. Cooked Chickpeas – Cook a 1/2 cup of these protein & iron boosters, store in the fridge, and you have yourself a weeks worth of healthy backup treats. Your dog might also find them amusing to roll around, and you just might be amused watching!
These backup treats are intended for just that – a backup treats! Please remember to feed in moderation and always consult your vet before introducing your dog to new foods and ingredients.