Cruelty Free & Non-Toxic Nail Polish
Copy: Sarah Dickerson
Photography: As listed
Finding nail polishes that are both Cruelty Free & Non-Toxic isn’t always an easy feat – BUT we have rounded up our 6 favorite brands who are pioneers in both areas.
Happy animals and no carcinogens? Now THAT is worth a bit of celebrating. Treat yo’self to some polish, friends!
1. Scotch Naturals – These beautiful polishes are a non-toxic, eco-friendly alternative to conventional solvent-based nail polish. The revolutionary water-based formula conditions nails and delivers long-lasting, salon-quality color. The polishes are also vegan, hypoallergenic, biodegradable, and 100% free of all animal testing, gluten, fragrances, phthalates, parabens, solvents (ethyl acetate and butyl acetate), nitrocellulose, acetone, and heavy metals. You can’t get much better than that!
2. Zoya – With what seems like a million different gorgeous colors to choose from, Zoya polishes are cruelty free as well as free of toxic ingredients such as: toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and DBP (dibutyl phthalate).
3. Organic Glam – Cruelty free, non-toxic nail polish. Free from DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde. Fast-drying and long-lasting. Salon quality finish without compromise!
4. 100% Pure – One of my favorite go to brands when it comes to beauty products! 100% Pure Nail Polishes are “10-free” – free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor, formaldehyde resin, xylene, parabens, fragrances, phthalates, and animal ingredients.
** Available in Australia at Nourished Life.
5. Acquarella – Their exquisite, non-toxic nail polishes are available in 49 amazing colors, which are never tested on animals, nor do they contain any animal products or by-products. Acquarella has even been recognized by PETA for this commitment!
6. Priti NYC – PRITI NYC polishes are 5 Free & Vegan, completely non-toxic, and are free of toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, and camphor – all known carcinogenic ingredients. These luxury polishes are fast drying, chip resistant, contain a UV inhibitor, and are extremely durable and glossy. They are also completely safe for use on children and moms-to-be. Available in over 100 different shades!
7. Piggy Paint – Piggy Paint is a non-toxic, low odor, water-based polish that is specially formulated of natural ingredients and is cruelty free. Free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone, and made in the USA! Created by a mom who was disappointed to learn the harmful chemical ingredients in other children’s nail polishes and shocked at how they actually ‘ate’ through her foam plate when painting her children’s nails. Piggy Paint is safe for all ages AND won’t eat through plates. Yay!