Mother’s Day DIY Outdoor Cinema Picnic
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: Serena Faber Nelson
Styling: Serena Faber Nelson
Happy Monday Pretty Fluffies! As promised I’ve got a stellar week lined up all in time for Mother’s Day 2012. Whether you’re a mum, a daughter, a fur parent or someone who just plain likes holidays, this project has something for everyone.
Throughout the week I’ll be sharing with you how to set up your very own backyard cinema just in time for Mother’s Day – including yummy homemade snacks, free printables and sweet treats to enjoy. So wherever you are I hope you can join me in snuggling up under the stars.
First up, how to set up your very own backyard cinema…
– Strong Twine – I got mine from the hardware store and it was 1.6mm thick. You’ll need 5-10 meters depending on the size of your backyard.
– 1 x White Sheet (Queen size preferable)
– Picnic Rugs & Blankets
– Sandwiches, sweet treats & popcorn (more tips to come on the menu later in the week!)
– Beverages – Soda (the drink not the dog), sparkling water and champagne.
– Data Projector & Speakers – these are easy to rent or borrow from a friend.
– Small stool to place data projector on. I got mine from Ikea.
– Secure the length of twine by tying between two fences or trees in the backyard. If you don’t have anything to secure it to, try inserting wooden stakes deep into the ground and affix your twine.
– Iron your sheet and place over the twine – just like hanging out on the washing line!
– Set up your data projector on a stool approx. 3 metres away.
– Set up your blankets, cushions & movie snacks.
– Snuggle up and enjoy the show!
N.B. Fluffy dog to cuddle optional, but recommended.
OUR TOP 10 OUTDOOR CINEMA MOVIE PICKS
For Snuggles… Pixars’ Up
For Tearjerkers… Steel Magnolias
For Belly Laughs… Bridesmaids
For Fashionistas… Confessions of a Shopaholic
For Classics… Breakfast at Tiffany’s
For Travelers… Midnight in Paris
For Families… Toy Story 3
For the Girls… Dirty Dancing
For the Boys… Top Gun
For the Young at Heart… Wizard of Oz
Visit the rest of our Mother’s Day Outdoor Cinema Posts!
Important Note: If you wish to incorporate any of my DIY designs in your own work, please credit Pretty Fluffy and link back to the original project. Please feel free to pin or re-blog some of the images but be sure to link back to Pretty Fluffy and the original post. Thank you!!