Shop Shopping Guides

Pretty Fluffy

4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products You Need to Try

September 16th, 2013 |
  • Top 4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products | Pretty Fluffy
  • People for Plants - Top 4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products | Pretty Fluffy
  • Sodashi - Top 4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products | Pretty Fluffy
  • Grown Alchemist - Top 4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products | Pretty Fluffy
  • Kora Organics - Top 4 Aussie Cruelty Free Products | Pretty Fluffy
Copy: Serena Faber Nelson
Photography: People for Plants // KORA // Sodashi // Grown Alchemist

One of the best parts of living in Australia is just how many brilliant Australian brands are cruelty free – that’s 100% Aussie cruelty free. Whether it’s our penchant for cuddly koalas* or our back to nature lifestyle, we do very well in the cruelty free arena. Here are my top picks that you must try…

* As an Australian I must be honest, Koalas don’t cuddle that much – they spend pretty much 90% of their time sleeping and the other 10% drunk on eucalyptus. Yes, their lives are that awesome.

People for Plants Organic Lip Balm

Many of you would know celebrity gardener Jamie Durie since his Oprah days, yet he’s most recently made headlines with his brand new Australian certified organic skincare range, People for Plants.

People for Plants is no half-assed organic brand. Their full range features certified organic and natural ingredients in high, potent doses. They are 100% committed to being cruelty free, and pride themselves on including no parabens, sulphates, phthalates, silicones, synthetic fragrances or petrochemicals of any kind.

My favourite pick from People for Plants is their Organic Lip Balm (Click to Buy). With over 8 flavours to choose from – including Pomegranate & Seabuckthorn and Tangerine & Juniper Berry – these lip balms renew and enrich your lips using coconut oil and cocoa butter to soften and moisturise. But what really sets them apart from the rest is they have no petroleum – an ingredient that dries out your lips like crazy, but for some insane reason is included in many an ol’ lip balm. Also at $9.95 each they’re virtually a steal.

Sodashi Brightening Marine Mineral Mask

As cult brand among Australian beauty bloggers, Sodashi translates to ‘wholeness, purity and radiance’ – which is what their brand has in spades.

Chemical, preservative and fragrance free, Sodashi has something for all skin types, and captures the high luxe end of the cruelty free skincare spa market.

I’ve been using their Brightening Marine Mineral Mask (Click to Buy) on the weekends to freshen up my skin for the week ahead. The active seaweed leaves my skin feeling nourished and toned, although when I tried to put it on my sushi it didn’t fare so well.*

* Don’t do this.

Grown Alchemist Intensive Hand Cream

I’ve spoken about the botanical range of Grown Alchemist here before and they’re always a top pick for cruelty free skincare.

It’s their Intensive Hand Cream in Persian Rose & Argan Extract (Click to Buy) that currently has the spotlight in my eyes. To be honest, the classic pale pink packaging initially drew me in, but it was the delicate scent and rich hydration that had me wanting more. A must for your handbag, the office or your personal private jet.

KORA Balancing Rose Mist

As one of our most beautiful exports, supermodel Miranda Kerr launched the KORA range to support her dedication to organic and natural living.

Now while I won’t be crazy enough to suggest using the range will make you look like the amazing Miranda, I can say it’s a great go to for cruelty free living.

My favourites are the facial mists which are a must for travelling. The Balancing Rose Mist (Click to Buy) works brilliantly as a toner and refresher during the day, while the lavender mist is great for a spritz before bedtime to calm and relax your senses.

What are your favourite Aussie cruelty free picks?

Which one of my favourites do you want to try the most?

Comments

Leave a Comment

* Required

As seen in...
© Pretty Fluffy 2013 | Design by Chic Sprinkles | Development by Madeleine Burke