- Trends & Shopping
- DIY & Tutorials
- Home & Living
- Style & Photography
- Regular Columns
Looking for a way to spoil your mum? Following in our Outdoor Cinema series, we have the best Mother’s Day Picnic Ideas to round out a perfect evening.
Today is all about the menu for your very own backyard cinema – from delish sandwiches, to yummy snacks and sweet treats…there’s something for everyone!
2 x french breadsticks
2 x tomatoes
Bunch of fresh basil
1. Cut each breadstick into thirds and each third into halves.
2. Lay fresh basil and sliced bocconcini.
3. Add sliced tomato, drizzle with fresh olive oil and season with cracked pepper.
4. Tie with string for presentation. Makes 6 Sandwiches.
1. For the Vegetarians: Try… Baked sweet potato, caramelised red onion in balsamic, baby spinach & fetta.
2. For the Healthy Eaters: Try… Sliced free range turkey, cranberry, rocket & camembert.
3. For the Foodies: Try… Prosciutto, dijon mustard & jarlsberg.
200g unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup milk
1 cup Strawberry Jam
300ml thickened cream, whipped
Icing sugar (for presentation)
1 x cupcake tin
Cupcake paper cases
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line cupcake tin with paper cases.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl. Add eggs one by one, beating after each addition (mixture will separate at this stage). Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half the flour. Stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
3. Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cakes will spring back to the touch when cooked.
4. Remove from oven. Stand cakes in pans for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. To decorate, cut a 2cm-deep x 3cm-wide piece from top of each cake. Set tops aside. Spoon 2 teaspoons jam into each hole. Spoon cream over jam.
6. Cut tops in half and arrange pieces over cream to form wings. Dust with icing sugar. Makes 24 cakes.
Visit the rest of our Mother’s Day Outdoor Cinema Posts!
Important Note: If you wish to incorporate any of my DIY designs in your own work, please credit Pretty Fluffy and link back to the original project. Please feel free to pin or re-blog some of the images but be sure to link back to Pretty Fluffy and the original post. Thank you!!
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dog’s diet.
Check out our eBook 52 Weeks of Treats – Simple & Healthy Dog Treat Recipes for Every Season.
Now in it’s 2nd edition, 52 Weeks of Treats has over 30 healthy DIY dog treat recipes – including everything from summer ‘Blueberry Pupsicles’ to hearty winter ‘Beef Bites’.
With a handy allergies guide, quick references for grain and dairy free recipes AND a whole section just for special occasions (Doggie Birthday Cake anyone?) 52 Weeks of Treats is the ultimate dog treat recipe book.
Become part of the Pretty Fluffy pack!
Join our free mailing list for:
Giveaways + Deals
Exclusive Content + Sneak Peeks
Free Recipes, DIY Projects + More