Welcome back to Pretty Fluffy for 2013! I’ve missed you all so much, so what better way to say hello than with a sweet Valentine’s Day Dog Treat Recipe. Puppy Hugs and Kisses for everyone!
Keep reading for the full recipe…
3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 Tablespoons Honey
250g Plain Organic Yoghurt or Carob Drops
2 Large Bowls
Mixing and measuring utensils
X and O Cookie Cutters
1. Get two large bowls. In one bowl combine the water, olive oil, molasses and honey. In the second bowl combine the flour, and cinnamon.
2. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined.
3. Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3.5 hours.
4. Once chilled, remove dough from fridge and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness (less than a centimetre).
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F). Line 2 flat cookie trays with baking paper.
6. Use your X and O Cookie Cutters to cut out the treats. Place on baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
1. Place yoghurt or carob drops in a heat safe bowl. Melt the drops over boiling water, stirring constantly.
2. Dip the treats into the melted drops and allow to cool before serving.
* Makes approximately 80 small treats, depending on size of cookie cutters.
* Why not package up a selection of treats in lolly bags for Valentine’s treats for doggie friends?
* Store in an airtight container and consume within the week.
** The above recipe is for treats only and should not replace your dog’s regular meal plans. Always check with your vet about any major changes to your dogs diet.