Have you joined The 13 Project? I have to say since the original post, each week I see new and wonderful ways in which people are getting on board…
The staff of Dogster joined as a team! Such a good idea – with each of them pledging to make a difference in a few short goals.
The 13 Project went Spanish with this poster by Pao Pao Diseno Soportable.
Ashli from the Mini Manor Blog told the story of her own rescue – and had tears a flowin!
Ammo the Dachshund took a trip the the SPCA with donated blankets, and met some friendly faces in the process.
Capree from Dog Milk shared her super cute and super easy DIY for fleece blankets which she plans to donate to her local rescue.
I have to say, THANK YOU all for your involvement, it’s just amazing.
How are your goals coming along? Here’s how my list in shaping up so far…
UPDATE #2: The 13 Project…
Go through all of my old towels, bedding and sheets & donate what I don’t use to my local shelter. DONE!
2. Attend the Oscar’s Law Rally against puppy farming. DONE! (If you would like to support them please consider joining the Oscar’s Law Facebook Page)
3. Share and repost a rescue dog’s profile on Facebook until I know they find a loving fur-ever home. DONE! An updated photo made all this difference for this little guy who is confirmed to have a new family ready to take him home. However, if you’re looking at adopting, please see his friends at Hawkesbury City Council who are still looking for fur ever homes.
4. Go through Soda’s toys and donate the ones she doesn’t use anymore to my local rescue centre. DONE! With Soda’s blessing we were able to feel like Santa for a day!
5. Buy this calendar knowing that all profits go towards helping dogs in need. DONE! (You can still buy copies here though)
6. Send a letter to my local representative asking them to ban the sale of animals in pet shops. DONE! You can do so too – a 5 minute email is all it takes.
7. De-clutter my closet and sell the clothes that I no longer wear on eBay. Donate those profits to the RSPCA.
8. Organise a group of friends to spend an afternoon walking dogs or cleaning at our local shelter.
9. Purchase a collar in the WSPA’s Collars Not Cruelty campaign. DONE! You can join me by buying your own collar here.
10. Join POOPs – the program that assists elderly pet owners with basic and emergency pet care.
11. Sign this petition to help save greyhounds from a cruel export trade. DONE! (I encourage you to sign it too!)
12. Pin Pro-Adoption & Pro-Rescue posters and images on Pinterest to encourage others to think of adopting. DONE! (Inspired by other 13 Project lists, I also started a board just for cute pups up for adoption here: Adopt Me!)
13. Share and promote The 13 Project to inspire others! DONE! (But you’ve just got me started on this one!)
So let me hear from you. How is your 13 Project going?
I’m here to be your personal cheerleader to get those goals crossed off your list by the time 2013 rolls around. Whether you can do one, five or thirteen goals – every bit makes a difference. Remember, every action you make has the chance to change an animal’s life forever. Good Luck!